Serves 4 for a light meal. A side of rice is optional.
This super speedy dish is perfect for a mid-week meal. Use any fish that is good for pan-frying; Brill, Tarakihi and Gurnard would all work really well. Remember to cook it from room temperature (just like you would meat) for best results.
For the Tzatziki -
- 1 medium Cucumber
- ½ Cup plain Greek yoghurt
- 3 sprigs of Mint, finely sliced
- 1 Lemon, juice of
- 1 clove of Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- ¼ tsp Flaky Sea Sealt
For the fish -
- 1 tsp Flaky Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- ¼ tsp Garam Masala
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 3-4 fillets of lemon sole, trimmed, cut into large chunks
- Oil and butter for frying
- 4 pieces Roti Bread (available from most Asian grocers)
- Grate your cucumber (I used the food processor) and drainby putting in a clean tea towel and squeezing over the sink until the moisture is removed.
- Add to a bowl with the rest of the Tzatziki ingredients and mix through. Adjust seasoning and lemon juice to taste. Set aside in the fridge.
- Mix all of your spices and salt & pepper together in a bowl.
- Toss the fish chunks gently in the spices.
- Heat a saucepan to a medium-high heat.
- Cook the roti first, or cook at the same time as the fish in a separate pan. Roti should be cooked as per the packet instructions.
- Add some oil and butter to the pan and lightly fry the fish. It won’t take long, a minute or two each side.
- Then layer up your plates; Roti, Tzatziki , fish, lemon juice and top with coriander. Rice on the side if you need it. Yum.