This is our absolute favourite summer fish dish. A firm fish is best for this recipe. Blue Cod, Gurnard, Tarakihi or Tuna all work very well. The ceviche will keep for a day or two in the fridge if needed - we actually prefer it with a longer marinade.
- 500g very fresh fish
- 2 limes, juice of, and zest of 1
- ¼ medium Red Onion, thinly sliced
- ½ Red Capsicum, seeds removed & diced
- 3 Tbsp Coriander leaves, chopped
- ½ Mango (optional), thinly sliced
- 2 ½ tsp flaky Sea Salt
- 1 ripe Avocado (optional)
- Corn Chips
- Slice the fresh fish into 1cm cubes. Place the fish in a large bowl and add the zest of one lime, and the juice of two. Gently mix the lime juice & zest through the fish.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the fish, apart from the avocado & corn chips, and gently mix through.
- Lastly, cut the avocado in half, remove the stone and scoop the flesh from the skin. Cut each half of the avocado into small cubes. Gently fold through the fish mix.
- Cover the ceviche mix and place in the fridge for 30- 45 mins, to allow the acid from the lime to cure the fish as it marinates.
- When the ceviche is done marinating, serve with corn chips on the side. Enjoy!